PS3- is this good value?

(5 Posts)
GoldiChops Mon 13-Jan-14 23:10:19

I'm a complete novice with regards to gaming- I miss my original gameboy! A friend has a reconditioned, unused 12gb ( I think) ps3 for sale for £50. No controllers, so I'd need to buy one.

Anyone know if that is good value? I just want something for GTA 5 and minecraft. This seems a cheap option, but I just don't know!

Helpyourself Mon 13-Jan-14 23:12:11

Another novice- we jumped straight to PS4- but that sounds like a very good deal.

FLABtastic Wed 15-Jan-14 19:23:53

As long as it works, you can't go wrong. Controllers are up to £35 depending what you get. No idea why your friend doesn't want to include the controllers they are not PS4 compatible

GoldiChops Wed 15-Jan-14 22:25:13

Thanks for replies! Basically my friend, well her husband, had a ps3 and it went wrong so ordered another, a reconditioned one. They sent two by mistake so they are selling one. Not entirely legit obviously, but they intend to sell so I may as well get it. The controller is a bit broken, the buttons don't work properly but they can hardly complain about it.

12thmonkey Thu 16-Jan-14 10:52:25

The PS3 is still going strong. Many ps4 games are still produced for ps3 and the catalogue is massive. I have a ps3 and dont think i woudl even consider upgrading for 4/5 years at least. Go for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now