Help Please - How to recover deleted photos

(5 Posts)
startingovernow Mon 06-Jan-14 07:10:07

Hi, would be really grateful if anyone could help me. I have stupidly deleted all of my xmas photos from my Samsung galaxy s2. I have spent hours trying to recover them but so far to no avail. It seems from what I've read that it should be possible to recover the pics but I haven't managed it so far. Has anyone any knowledge of what I need to do to get the pics back??

tribpot Mon 06-Jan-14 07:19:48

Have you tried Recuva as recommended on this thread in the Galaxy forums?

Some other suggestions here.

startingovernow Mon 06-Jan-14 10:12:56

Hi Tribpot, am trying the Dr Fone at the moment however it seems to be the same as the ones I've tried i.e. it is recovering some of the pics but in most of the pics you can only see about one tenth of the pic as it is covered in a grey film. Any idea about what might be causing this?

cloudskitchen Mon 06-Jan-14 20:29:12

Don't suppose you had a dropbox account set up on there? I do on my s3 so its all automatically saved there to.

gretchenthomas Fri 06-Jun-14 08:12:41

The easiest solution to get back your lost memory card photos is to make use of backup file of them if you have. It’s always a good idea to backup important photos and other files on your computer to avoid data loss.
If you have no backup, there is no need to worry about this issue if the pictures were stored on memory card of your Android phone. As long as the lost photos are not overwritten by new data on memory card, you’re likely to retrieve them with Android Photo Recovery software:
www.android-recovery.net/recover-photos-from-samsung.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now