Using internet photos in photoshop elements. Best place to find.

(11 Posts)
niceguy2 Mon 02-Dec-13 11:20:40

Hi Sneezecakes

You are correct. Many people upload their photographs in low resolution (ie. few pixels) to stop others from downloading them and using themselves. This is a breach of copyright and most take a very dim view of it.

sneezecakesmum Mon 02-Dec-13 11:00:32

Many thanks smile

Paleodad Mon 02-Dec-13 10:08:24

sorry, that should be search.creativecommons.org/

Paleodad Mon 02-Dec-13 10:08:03

try http://search.creativecommons.org/

sneezecakesmum Sun 01-Dec-13 11:07:31

Bun. That's what I've found in some of the images. Not quite sure why they won't enlarge. I suppose its because they don't have enough pixels?

Thanks mogz I will have a look at devientArt smile

Bunbaker Sun 01-Dec-13 10:32:52

A lot of web images are low resolution and when you layer your own images on to them it really shows up. I sometimes mess around and add DD and her friends heartthrobs into images for a laugh, but haven't made any decent ones. The other option is to resize your own images before adding them, but then you wouldn't get a high quality image.

Mogz Sun 01-Dec-13 10:30:04

DeviantArt has a lot of stock photos that might be of use, mostly the artists there just want to see the completed work if its for personal use.

sneezecakesmum Sun 01-Dec-13 10:08:58

I want to use them in layers on Photoshop to make personal photographs 'fantasy' ones. Nothing weird shock just whimsical! Also relaxing on a beach in a tropical paradise instead of Bognor for my holiday snaps. (just joking)

I have found morguephoto which looks pretty ok and Flickr has a few unrestricted photos.

Crocky Sat 30-Nov-13 22:01:19

What are you wanting to do with them?

Mogz Sat 30-Nov-13 21:58:12

You need to look on stock photography/image websites, buts it is doubtful you'll get high resolution images for free, they are someone's intellectual property after all.

sneezecakesmum Sat 30-Nov-13 18:53:56

Generally I right click and copy to my pictures then transfer them to photoshop.

A lot of the images won't enlarge and/or pixelate like crazy. I suppose these are protected somehow.

Is there anywhere I can find good pictures for free?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now