Help - Iphone 4 not charging - minor water damage

(5 Posts)
dottygamekeeper Sat 30-Nov-13 14:01:05

Just to let you know, got it repaired, new charging port, £35 for parts and labour - you were spot-on, niceguy2, and I am very relieved (and DS now knows never to get his phone anywhere near any water!)

dottygamekeeper Fri 29-Nov-13 11:57:55

Thanks for the reply, niceguy2. I have no idea how much iphone 4s are worth these days - do you mean its not worth very much, so the repair might not be worth doing?

He just wants his phone back, and I certainly don't want to buy a new one (this one is 3 years old now, but still perfectly serviceable up until yesterday - this is the first mishap he has had, so he has looked after it)

niceguy2 Fri 29-Nov-13 11:13:56

Depends what you mean by all is not lost.

It sounds like it needs a new charging port which isn't expensive. You can buy the parts very cheap and fit it yourself. Or you can get a local shop to repair it and it shouldn't cost more than £20-40 depending on the shop.

But given how much an iphone 4 is worth nowadays, it's entirely up to you if you think it's money worth spending.

dottygamekeeper Fri 29-Nov-13 10:36:15

Forgot to add - when we plug it in to charge we get the flashing battery sign

dottygamekeeper Fri 29-Nov-13 10:34:39

My son got a little bit of water on the bottom of his phone, where the charging socket is and it now won't charge. The phone was working OK despite the water, until it ran out of charge, so am hoping all is not lost. What can we do to fix this? All suggestions welcomed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now