You've done it before, now help me find the best phone and deal please...

(6 Posts)
nicename Wed 27-Nov-13 15:31:16

Yes to Tesco but only if you have a store that you can go onto if you have a problem. I got a phone on contract online with them and it was a definate dodo! I had to send the handset back for a replacement - it took 2 weeks but the call centre man said it could take up tp 28 working days to get a replacement.

LightastheBreeze Wed 27-Nov-13 15:26:36

Tesco mobile is good, It was the cheapest when I was looking and you can get a free smartphone from £7.50 a month. DH got a HTC Desire C.

When I was out of a years contract on my iPhone 4S they gave me a new years contract on it for £7.50 a month, very good value.

DS uses Giff Gaff as he wanted a lot of internet and that is also good value.

Theas18 Wed 27-Nov-13 14:38:12

How much internet do you need?

Have you asked your current provider how much they would charge to stay with them on a SIM only basis with an allowance that is righ for you?

You could go SIM only with giffgaff - you'd probably be OK with the £7.50 deal there and no contract so when/if the phone gives up you can start again.

MaggieW Wed 27-Nov-13 08:10:59

Pref free handset, if I change the handset, but as little as possible for the monthly charge given I really only need it to text, make minimal calls and use email.

ivykaty44 Tue 26-Nov-13 20:05:34

How much do you want to spend?

MaggieW Tue 26-Nov-13 20:03:08

Two years ago you came up trumps and found me a HTC Desire S and package through buymobilephones. Phone free, £15 per month. Now that contact is due to expire and I need to decide the best thing to do. I rarely call on my phone (10 mins pm max) but use around 300 texts per month, and email/internet access, it's my main camera etc.

So should I keep the phone and look for new deal - would that be a Sim only deal?
Is there a better phone and cheaper deal for what I need? (I have to say I haven't been overly impressed with the HTC for calls - or maybe that's the EE service - but often can't hear people or make calls!!)
How long should I expect my current handset to survive? Will I get another year or two out of it?

If I change phones, how do I transfer all photo's, contacts etc to a new phone. If it's a hassle, it'd be an incentive to stay with the same handset.

Any advice gratefully received. TIA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now