E-mail Accounts - which ones, how to set up?

(6 Posts)
tabitha8 Fri 06-Dec-13 19:18:30

I have a main email acct that I never ever use and several sub accounts which can be changed when or if spam starts to appear. One sub acct for friends, one for online shopping, etc. Works a treat.

BooBudolphMeowson Wed 04-Dec-13 20:26:21

I have 2 hotmail emails. I use one for "spam" and sign ups etc, and another is my "precious" one.

From hotmail I have the option to block sender or to block a domain address and I do use it. I also make sure to Unsubscribe from anyone who I think is irritating, but legitimate.

sneezecakesmum Sat 30-Nov-13 13:54:57

I have a yahoo account for anything and everything. I don't get spam. I spammed them all and they delete after a day or so, so I never see them.

I have a g mail account I use for money stuff and things I buy on line as the yahoo account was getting spamming PayPal emails.

So one for general stuff and one which I use for more secure stuff.

nannynick Tue 26-Nov-13 17:15:42

Get gmail to pickup mail from the other accounts and apply a label to say which account it is from (think it may add the label automatically). Then use gmail for everything.
Phase out use of the other accounts by changing email subscriptions, email address in profile on mumsnet etc.
Gmail will filter out a lot of spam plus has apps for android, ios, web interface, so you can access on any device.

tweetytwat Tue 26-Nov-13 13:01:26

I have a gmail account and a yahoo account. The Yahoo is full of crap - shitloads of spam and a gazillion FB notifications. Had it a long long time.

The gmail account is much better IMHO. I would open another one of those. Or an another address to it, I don't know how though.

jujubean Tue 26-Nov-13 12:58:34

Hello
I have a domain name e-mail account that I have had for a bazillion years e.g. juju@jujubean.co.uk. I run it on Windows Mail. I have had it for so many years and given the address out to god knows how many companies that it is now 99% spam. Should I just give up?

Other issues I have is that:
1. my mail server is BT Yahoo, so I have jujubean@BTYahoo.com and everything from here is fwd to my domain name. I don't give out the BT Yahoo address. This is mainly so that if we change broadband provider my main e-mail address doesn't need to change.
2. I cannot get my windows mail to sync on on my iphone, i.e. if delete a msg on my phone its still there when I open stuff in Windows mail, also if I load e-mail onto Windows Mail those e-mails disappear from my phone.

I also have a gmail account that I use for a few bits an pieces but not much.

I am wondering if I need a new account that I use for Shopping online and therefore all the spam goes there. What do I do about my domain account? Do I have a personal account that only friends and family have?

E-mail is not making my life easy at the moment, its mainly doing my head in. It shouldn't be this hard should it?

Help me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now