Should I update to Windows 8.1?

(4 Posts)
rainbowriver Thu 21-Nov-13 16:31:38

recently brought a new laptop with windows 8 which is fine. Now getting a message to update to windows 8.1.

Should I update then?

Apparantly it would give me a start button which would be useful but don't want anything to go wrong. Took me ages to set up my emails up etc.

Please advise!

Newdaynewpants Thu 21-Nov-13 16:35:31

I would, but only because it'll make sure you get the most up to date security updates and the like. The nuances of 8.1 as opposed to 8 won't be vastly different although the Start button returning is a great move I think. You shouldn't lose all of the settings (email accounts, tile format etc) just by updating to 8.1.

Personally I would like printing to be easier as currently the only way I know how is to ctrl+P which can't be the only way surely!?!

Good luck!

rainbowriver Thu 21-Nov-13 17:14:58

Thank you.

On Word you can just File then Print as before.

If say, you want to print this page go onto Devices then printer.

HTH

Newdaynewpants Thu 21-Nov-13 18:46:59

thanks! smile I haven't got Office installed yet (don't tend to use home laptop to do word processing) so have used an app to let me read documents which then lends itself to the Devices method you've described. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now