Freeview/top up tv

(5 Posts)
Watto1 Thu 14-Nov-13 19:18:40

I need a bit of advice about my freeview plus box if I may?

I have a Bush Freeview Plus box 'powered' (for want of a better word) by Top Up TV. Basically, I can only get today's TV guide and I can only record programmes on today (series link isn't working). No information on the programmes is available either.

A quick Google tells me that Top Up TV is no longer broadcasting, which I suspect is the cause of my problems. Is my only option to buy a new freeview plus box? I could do without the expense!

Thanks in advance

A cheap alternative could be a BT Vision box, if you have BT Broadband. The most basic package is just Freeview +iplayer and you pay £5 per month on top of your broadband costs.

Watto1 Fri 15-Nov-13 09:41:00

Thank you for replying Cruel. Unfortunately, we're not with BTsad

NetworkGuy Mon 18-Nov-13 21:22:30

Try this > link < which explains how to switch to the Freeview EPG (Electronic Programme Guide).

Have never used Top-Up TV so have no knowledge about the system, so wish you good luck!

Watto1 Tue 19-Nov-13 11:29:57

Thank you so much Network Guy ! I've just followed the instructions on that link and I now have a fully functioning telly again thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now