Can you help me choose a PVR?

(6 Posts)
GlassOfPort Sun 10-Nov-13 18:13:53

We would like to buy a recorder that allows you to pause live TV. We don't have any subscription to Sky, BT etc, so we were thinking of a Humax or Echostar. DH says he has read bad reviews of the latest Humax and is inclined to go for the Echostar. Given that I have never heard of them and DH can always be relied on to choose cheap stuff of dubious quality, I am a bit unsure. Any thoughts or suggestions?

We have a Humax Freesat box and it's great.

You say you don't have a Sky subscription, but do you have a dish? If you di, I recommend the Humax HDR-1000.

GlassOfPort Sun 10-Nov-13 18:28:41

No Freesat either, just Freeview

I've not heard of Echostar. They review quite well on Amazon, but there are a few people that have had faulty boxes.

The Humax boxes review better on the whole and if the HDR-200T Freeview box is a s good as my HDR-1000 you won't be disappointed with it.

EasyFromNowOn Sun 10-Nov-13 21:31:55

I have the Humax freesat box and it is excellent, although a little slow to start up from sleeping. I also bought the freeview one for my dad and he thinks it is fabulous, a vast improvement over the several cheapy ones he'd had before. My mum also finds it easy to use, which is a miracle in itself.

GlassOfPort Sun 10-Nov-13 22:30:59

Thank you both, I will read a bit more on the Humax then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now