Creating posters

(5 Posts)
Loonytoonie Thu 07-Nov-13 22:12:37

Does anyone know of any good programs I can use to create a poster to advertise my school concert?

Publisher looks naff IMVHO
or maybe it's because I'm naff at creating them lol

Mogz Fri 08-Nov-13 04:01:11

Will you be creating your own artwork or using clip art/photos? And do you have time to learn a whole new program?
Manga studios is great for creating original art. Indesign is used by a lot of graphic/magazine designers for designing an overall poster/page/etc.
They'll both cost you though.

Loonytoonie Fri 08-Nov-13 05:22:36

Thanks Mogz - how much do you reckon? Are they easy to navigate?

Mogz Fri 08-Nov-13 05:53:25

Manga Studio 5 is currently on sale for $47.99 (normally about $80 I think)
Adobe indesign is available as a free trial, not sure how long it lasts though. It will set you back a few hundred quid to buy, can you sign it off as a business expense?

I expect you'd need to look up a few tutorials to get yourself started, I managed to teach myself the basics of both within a few weeks, due to my own strengths and how I use it (for posh event guest lists, html email design) I find indesign easier. The learning curve can be quite steep, but if you've got time to play about with the tools without a looming deadline you'll soon find you can create stuff that looks pretty good.

lljkk Netherlands Sat 09-Nov-13 10:15:13

We use Powerpoint at work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now