Received a MacBook Air which I did not order

(11 Posts)
Mrscupcake23 Thu 07-Nov-13 18:04:41

Today a MacBook Air was delivered to me which I did not order. It has an invoice with my name on and says nothing to pay. I can vaguely remember a pop up on my iPad come up for a competition to win one. But surely they would email to say I had one do you think it was delivered by mistake ? No money has gone from my account.

OddBoots Thu 07-Nov-13 18:05:55

Is the invoice from apple themselves? Is there a phone number on it you could call?

You lucky bugger!

If it's got your name on the invoice then it's unlikely it's a mistake. You must have won it or it's mine and gone to the wrong address.

Why does this stuff never happen to me? sad Well done you! smile

Mrscupcake23 Thu 07-Nov-13 18:13:34

I am not getting too excited I have set it up and now it won't accept my password. Yes the invoice is from apple.

Grotbagstwin Thu 07-Nov-13 18:17:03

Wow thats great if you have won it, I once one a stereo years ago and we had no idea where it was from, I had no email or letter to explain and had to ring the depo to check it was actually mine

Mrscupcake23 Thu 07-Nov-13 19:51:19

Well got in touch with Apple and they confirmed they sent it out but can't see if I won it or not. I still think they usually email you if you won. It's really odd. Wondered if anyone has won a competition on a I pad do they just send it out?

OddBoots Thu 07-Nov-13 19:57:09

I'm guessing you've already checked your spam folder...?

This happened to me with a DVD player I won for test driving a car. Didn't even know I was in the competition till I got a letter to say I'd won (about a month after DVD player arrived)

Mrscupcake23 Thu 07-Nov-13 20:57:21

No nothing in spam odd boots . I suppose I might be getting excited now still seems to be good to be true I never win anything.

IAlwaysThought Sat 09-Nov-13 09:59:14

Any update?

ggirl Sat 09-Nov-13 10:01:35

God you lucky bitch!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now