Tesco Hudl?

(14 Posts)
cranberryorange Sat 02-Nov-13 20:20:37

I've just got my vouchers and i'm thinking of getting Dh a Hudl for Christmas.

Ds has got an I Pad which is great so i wondered if the Hudl is really inferior or does pretty much the same thing and is worth the money vouchers

gamerchick Sat 02-Nov-13 20:21:25

Good luck.. you can't get them for love nor money atm.

cranberryorange Sat 02-Nov-13 20:30:14

I just checked stock and can get the black one delivered to our nearest store for Tues, thanks for that link Hoop.

I might chance it if they have been hard to get hold of, i have a habit of thinking about things and missing out through leaving it too long!

yeah, dont do what I do - I dither and then everywhere sells out.

cranberryorange Sat 02-Nov-13 20:40:28

Thats the quickest i've ever used my Tesco vouchers without all the hassle of doubling up and waiting for emails with voucher codes like last years performance.

The new boosts automatically gives you the option to use the vouchers on the payment page. I just clicked each voucher i wanted to use.

Bloody hell, Tesco have actually got it right for a changeshock

All ordered, i'm not missing out on any bargains this year!

Catsmamma Sat 02-Nov-13 20:41:19

i got mine from tesco direct....used my vouchers and had £40 to pay...it did take 2+ weeks to arrive, should have arrived on friday and didn't till Monday, they apparently had an issue with parcel force collecting and holding the deliveries back

Had a bit of a job to get it started, it does an update as soon as you switch it on and then an app update where it kept stalling, however tech support were great, talked me through a reset and said I could return it to exchange instore if the issue persisted.

Then we noticed a "ding" on one of the speaker covers at the back so back on the website, the chat box lady immediately offered us the choice of exchange or partial refund.....they offered £10, dh said no, and they offered £20

So i have a lovely red Hudl for £20 basically. So I think it is farking amazing value! :D

cranberryorange Sat 02-Nov-13 20:46:34

Phew, I started reading and thought I was heading for disaster cats!

I love a bargain, lets hope its in store for me on tues.

WithaPickleOnTop Sat 02-Nov-13 22:26:45

Have had mine for a month. No problems. Love it.
It's no ipad. But does the job.

triplets Tue 05-Nov-13 22:53:38

I bought three last week for my trio for Christmas, my local store couldn`t order them but were taking your name and ringing if any came in...............then you had to get over there asap! I wanted three diff colours but they only had black, so took the young mans advice and bought three black and three diff coloured cases. Doubled up on my vouchers so basically only had to pay for one Hudl...............bargainsmile Perhaps you could help another MNetter on the Hudl Hudl Hudl thread, she needs help setting hers up...............thank you!

WithaPickleOnTop Wed 06-Nov-13 19:31:20

Setup is straightforward I will take a look.

ninja Mon 11-Nov-13 16:41:51

Ok, just got mine - how do I get rid of all the tesco advertising? Trying to get it set up for DD1 (for Christmas but is wise to play first ;)) but ... Can't get the tesco add a club card stuff off the screen sad

Any help appreciated

TheArticFunky Mon 11-Nov-13 17:37:11

How does it compare to a Kindle HD Fire?

skyeskyeskye Tue 12-Nov-13 17:56:35

just joining thread as thinking of getting one myself so interested in any comments

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now