Changing a word doc to a jpeg, then putting it on facebook. Possible?

(23 Posts)

Just that really. I've made a poster publicising an event in word, managed to change it to a jpeg but facebook doesn't like it. So I thought I'd try and turn it into a jpeg. But I don't understand snipping tools. Please, is there a way, oh clever geeky geniusses out there?

ouryve Sat 26-Oct-13 22:52:54

Windows 7 or above, snip and save - .png is a better format than .jpg as it introduces less artefacts. Anything else, use print screen, save into paint or something and then you should be able to post it like that.

Oops, I meant a pdf, THEN tried the jpeg. ouryve, thanks for your prompt reply but I don't understand it. I'll try the paint thing sad

ZombeeHatcher Sat 26-Oct-13 22:59:19

Does Facebook not like it just as a pdf?

BikeRunSki Sat 26-Oct-13 23:04:18

Print it out and take a photo of it.

MrsShriek Sat 26-Oct-13 23:07:45

when I do stuff like that I put it up on my fb (business) page as a pdf.
(sorry if I am repeating everyone else)

ParkerTheThief Sat 26-Oct-13 23:08:02

I'm not near a PC but I'm sure within word there's an option to save as a JPEG.

Zombee, no, it says it's 'bad'. BikeRun - I've done that in the past and it just looks a bit shite. I copied it into paint (proud) but it just comes out as a teeny pic on a big blank page. Facebook says the page is too big. Think I'm giving up for the night. Thanks all. <sigh>

ParkerTheThief Sat 26-Oct-13 23:08:40

Try save as and then look in the drop down box for a JPEG option

Vajazzler Sat 26-Oct-13 23:09:20

Can you email it to yourself and copy/paste on your phone? I do this on my iPhone.

Trills Sat 26-Oct-13 23:12:41

"Save as" would be my recommendation too.

But do put the details in the text of the description of the photo as well.

I can save it as a jpeg but facebook wont let me download it. There's 2 options for jpeg - one says it's suitable for publishing online but facebook doesn't like either. Giving up. I'll try the phone thing tomorrow. Thanks again.

Getting muddled. I meant PDF above. I can't see an option for saving as a jpeg. I'm just a stupid old woman. Ignore me.

MrsShriek Sun 27-Oct-13 00:51:42

not sure if I've missed this already but what type of document did you do the poster in originally? usually it works quite well in publisher - so you can "save as" PDF in dropdown menu and then upload to fb as you wish atrached to a post or as a "file".

MrsShriek Sun 27-Oct-13 00:53:58

durr...in the title innitblush blush

MrsShriek Sun 27-Oct-13 00:56:02

right. I have a plan.
click at the top corner on your word page and pull the mouse so that you select everything on your poster. with it all highlighted, right click. with a little luck it will give you the option to save as a picture ... does it?

hellsbells99 Sun 27-Oct-13 01:08:07

There is a site called zamzar that will convert lots of different formats. It is brill!

widowerbutok Sun 27-Oct-13 09:32:07

Googled the question, and found this:-
www.wikihow.com/Change-a-Word-Document-to-JPEG-Format

Hope it helps

lougle Sun 27-Oct-13 09:37:37

If you're on windows 8 you need to do this:

Make your document
Move your mouse to the bottom right hand corner of the screen, where 4 icons will appear.
Click on the magnifying glass
Type 'snip' - the snipping tool will appear. Click it.
On the snipping tool, click 'New'
The page will turn whitish.
Click and drag your mouse pointer until you have a box around your poster.
When the poster appears inside a box (it will!) click on the picture of a disk.
A 'Save As' box will appear - choose where you want to save it, what you want to call it and change the file type to JPEG by clicking on the drop-down box.

You are all so kind. I managed it in the end. I need to go on a course I think. I once asked such a stupid question on Geeky stuff that someone actually thought it was an April Fool blush

Thanks, techy vipers xxx

MrsShriek Sun 27-Oct-13 23:51:35

who needs courses, you've got mnwink
grin @ techy vipers

Aye, that's true smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now