Keyboard keys jumping all over the place seemingly randomly.

(7 Posts)
thenightsky Sun 20-Oct-13 21:31:05

When I type, I find the cursor jumps back, so I end up typing into the middle of text I've already typed. Why doesn't the cursor stay at the end of my typing?

Example: I type... 'today was a sunny day' but it might come out like...

todanny dayy was a su

argh!

Furball Mon 21-Oct-13 04:37:36

is it a sony Vaio? I have this and it's shite as I use my pc for typing minutes and things for work.

It also deletes paragraphs whilst i'm typing as well hmm so I have to do 'control V' straight away to get it all back again.

It has done this from a young age - it is now coming up 4 years and soon to be replaced thank god.

Ooddoyouthinkyouare Mon 21-Oct-13 08:07:08

Dh net book does this. I thought I was knocking the mouse pad but it moves even when I keep my hands clear

thestauntonlick Mon 21-Oct-13 08:10:36

My phone's been doing this! Only on mn though. It's really annoying. I'll report this thread oto bring it to mnhq attention.

Furball Mon 21-Oct-13 08:32:23

In my case it is not just MN - it is everything angry

edlyu Mon 21-Oct-13 08:37:16

I've had this on a laptop before , and very irritating it was too.

It turned out to be the sensitivity of the touch pad which was picking up vibrations as I typed and turned them into movements. I reduced the sensitivity of the touchpad in the settings menu and this worked a treat.

thenightsky Mon 21-Oct-13 09:48:05

It's a Dell, about 5 years old, but its being doing this randomly for about a year now. Just these last few weeks its got a million times worse. Sometimes it jumps to the bottom of the page too, esepcially on mumsnet. It can end up taking forever to type a paragraph.

I will try reducing sensitivity of keypad and see if that works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now