Google chrome - aargh! Where's it gone?

(8 Posts)
minxthemanx Thu 17-Oct-13 18:41:34

Having a nightmare day with the laptop - i put google chrome on it ages ago and it's worked really well. Recently I've ended up with a new homepage - mysafesearch.com or something, which I don't want. So I read up about how to get rid of it - needed to go into Google chrome account and manage add ons. Couldn't remember password for google chrome account, and after several attempts gave up - thought it would be clever to uninstall google chrome, then reinstall it. That's what I've done - new email address, password etc - it said it had downloaded and installed, all I had to do was go on Start and find it - but there's no sign!! I've looked in programs, can't find it. So am back to using very slow, rubbish internet explorer - any idea where I can find my google chrome? Shall I just download it yet again? Driving me nuts.

minxthemanx Thu 17-Oct-13 18:57:33

Right. I now have google chrome back, but still have the bldy mysafesearch thing.......grrr...........

minxthemanx Thu 17-Oct-13 19:06:41

Sorry it's called startmysearch dial or something, driving me mad. Must be a way to get rid of it.

DoctorTwo Thu 17-Oct-13 19:14:49

I can't find anything specific to this on Startpage (trying to give up the googles) but try running Spybot or MBAM, then the best tool on the net, Ccleaner.

DoctorTwo Thu 17-Oct-13 19:18:13

Spent too long looking for stuff, try this

If it's something that's added itself then you need to remove it from add ons/extensions, reset your search engine preference and the 'On startup' pages.

All are found in the settings page of Chrome.

I spent ages trying to get rid of something that changed all Dp's pages/links.

widowerbutok Thu 17-Oct-13 20:27:41

Looked on youtube and found this:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=auCJto_DY-4
Sorry about the music, but about half way through, it shows you what to do for Chrome.

Hope this helps, and best of luck

minxthemanx Sun 20-Oct-13 08:23:58

Thanks ladies, have spent aeons trying to remove mystart up searchdial or whatever it's bldy called, to no avail. Have deleted it from search engines, done everything I can find, but still it hangs on..... grr giving up now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now