iPad drops wifi when streaming since OS7

(16 Posts)

I've googled and followed instructions re turning on and off, resetting etc. Nothing's working and it's driving me crazy-it literally gets through about a minute of program (iPlayer/4oD/YouTube) and then drops the connection.

Aaaaarrgh.

We don't have a TV. If this isn't fixed by the Bake Off final I am going to be flailing.

Any ideas?

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 16-Oct-13 17:06:18

Nw idea sorry but we are having the same problem. Never dropped it before the update either.

It is so frustrating isn't it!

Bump.

Desperate bump.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 18-Oct-13 08:40:22

Have you thought of posting in Chat? You might get some more replies smile

I will-just thought the people in the know might be over here! Thanks smile

Cindy34 Fri 18-Oct-13 10:40:44

Personally I have not had any issues with streaming iPlayer on iPad with iOS7. So maybe it is something to do with the router you have, such as the DHCP lease time. Can you see what that setting is and change it to something longer?

Cindy34 Fri 18-Oct-13 10:52:13

If you have an android phone, or windows laptop, try downloading Insissder - it looks at WiFi channels and so you can see how many other networks are near you. Your router may be in auto channel mode, which should pick the least used channel but sometimes it can help to change it to manual and enter the channel. Channel 1, 6 and 11 are typical for 2.4Ghz WiFi. So try the least congested of those.

Thanks Cindy, I will try that though I'm 99% sure it's the iPad as the internet is full of people complaining of this problem. But there don't seem to be any answers out there! Am hoping there's an update to the iOS in the works because this is the most frustrating thing...

It seems to be on Channel 1. I don't know how to change the channel to try 6 or 11 - is it on the little black BT box?

Yes, I am aware that I sound like a prize idiot!

Link Score is 71 - no idea what that means!

Cindy34 Fri 18-Oct-13 11:22:25

Link score is out of 100 I think, so 71 is reasonable. Higher the number the better.

To change channel and setting things like DHCP lease time you need to be able to log into the router software. Probably best not fiddling unless you know how to do so.

I think I should probably leave it...oh well, pray for an iOS update!

Can you message apple. If its a bug they should be able to patch it.

Thread on chat now-think it's sorted just by turning off both home hub and iPad overnight! Fingers crossed...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now