Creating an unsubscribe link

(3 Posts)
babamummy Mon 14-Oct-13 10:55:43

I run a tiny charity and up until now emails have been to friends and family. Our contact list has grown beyond our immediate circle and I think that I should include an unsubscribe link. Is there any way of doing it with gmail?

chateauferret Mon 14-Oct-13 12:46:56

As long as you're going to process the manually all you would need is a mailto://me@myadress.com hyperlink in the signature. Clicking on that (in an HTML mail reader) would bring up the user's mail client with a new E-mail message and your address in the to: field. Maybe set up a specific address for it like unsubscribe@wherever.com and set up an autoreply to acknowledge receipt.

Possibly also your website hosting provider offers mailing list administration services which would include this?

babamummy Mon 14-Oct-13 19:03:17

Thanks chateauferret- that's an easy way round it. Our website is hosted as a freebie by a friend of a friend so don't want to push my luck on what they'll offer for free but something to keep in mind as the charity hopefully grows.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now