Minitab on a mac?

(8 Posts)

Thanks monkey, I've Installed it on a laptop today, can't say I'm overly impressed, and reviews are pretty poor. I'm going to miss my mac

12thmonkey Thu 10-Oct-13 09:40:47

Good luck Pepp....

I remember minitab from when i was at Uni in early 90's.... it was bad...hopefully its improved since.

Thank you. I was wondering about parallels, but not sure if its worth it.

I think I'll just borrow a laptop from work. I'll miss my mac though.

It's a advanced six sigma green belt course,Minitab compulsory. I've never used it, so hope it's user friendly.

12thmonkey Wed 09-Oct-13 12:29:28

Hi Pepp..

Out of interest, what stats course are you doing that would require the use of minitab... I didn't think minitab was used anymore, i'm suprised when i followed the link to see that it has current releases.

You could have a crack at using this on your Mac

wiki.winehq.org/FrontPage

Failing that, if you can find a copy of Windows you could try installing it on your mac with this and then installing Minitab

https://www.virtualbox.org/

Failing that, you could spend money on Parallels and install Windows, but why spend money if you can borrow a laptop. Actually, for less money than a licence for Parallels and Windows you can buy a cheap laptop on eBay with Windows on it (I paid £75 for mine running XP).

Thank you, looks like I need to borrow a laptop hmm

widowerbutok Tue 08-Oct-13 00:25:37

www.minitab.com/en-US/products/minitab/system-requirements.aspx
This is the Minitab site, and it does not seem to have a Mac version.

I'm doing a stats course next week and been told that we need Minitab. I use a MacBook Air, is there any way I can put mintab on it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now