Why can't I photocopy if there isnt black ink in the printer/ photocopier?

(5 Posts)
Hopemore Fri 27-Sep-13 16:36:44

I must be the dumbest person in the world but I didn't have idea that a photocopier requires ink to photocopy.

It's just one page so I can do it in the corner shop...

Tabby1963 Fri 27-Sep-13 16:25:26

Hope, I'm a bit confused about your message. As far as I know, you will need ink to print or copy anything.

Have you got other colours available on your printer?

Sometimes if I am making a poster and am short on one of the colours I will only use the other colours so it doesn't look faded.

Unfortunately, because you are doing a photocopy (in black print I assume), if you haven't got any black ink left, it just won't come out for you.

If you need a copy urgently, ask friends who have a printer if they would let you use theirs, or go to the local library. Check Yellow Pages for printer stores in your area. Hope that helps.

BerryLellow Fri 27-Sep-13 16:23:25

? Because it needs the ink to print out the copy? confused

SoonToBeSix Fri 27-Sep-13 16:22:52

Obviously it Would need ink this how you get your copy! Think maybe I am confused.

Hopemore Fri 27-Sep-13 16:19:04

I thought photocopy was a photo of the original so wouldn't need any ink. But the black ink has run out and the machine won't photocopy until I replace. But I couldn't find the ink locally so have to order one.
I will need to get my copy somewhere else for tomorrow but I'm just confused, is this normal? Is there a way round it?
It's an Epson WF 2530.
TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now