Help! Emails missing after iOS 7 upgrade

(8 Posts)
Janek Mon 23-Sep-13 16:48:55

Oh yeah, that's the best idea. Do that grin.

Lomaamina Mon 23-Sep-13 13:58:33

Could you in the meantime use a browser to get at you emails?

Janek Mon 23-Sep-13 13:52:29

I have an 'all mail' mailbox, which seems to include everything i've ever deleted, which is a bit weird, but would be useful in a situation like this. It also includes every mail i've written. It really is all mail.

JacqueslePeacock Mon 23-Sep-13 13:35:53

Heat?? that

JacqueslePeacock Mon 23-Sep-13 13:35:30

Yes, it says all updated. For example, I have well over 50 emails in my inbox from John Smith. Searching for Smith only brings up the last 5, but it says all updated. If I widen the search to include all mailboxes, I get the last 5 from inbox, plus a couple from saved messages dating from last year! I haven't tried searching by keyword yet, so I will give heat a go.

Lomaamina Mon 23-Sep-13 13:15:08

I'm in identical setup and it worked fine. Did you try going into the mailbox and waiting to see if it updates? Try searching by keyword.

JacqueslePeacock Mon 23-Sep-13 13:04:37

I'm on an ipad, by the way,not a phone (in case that makes a difference).

JacqueslePeacock Mon 23-Sep-13 12:59:45

I upgraded to iOS7 yesterday and today I can't find lots of my emails on the mail app. If I search in Inbox for an email from a particular person, it only brings up the last 5 mails from him, and I can't find any older ones. On the old mail app, I could choose "continue search on server" but that doesn't seem to be an option anymore. I urgently need some of these mails. Does anyone have a clue how to find them? Thank you so much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now