Recommend a tablet for DH

(7 Posts)
LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Mon 23-Sep-13 20:35:05

Have a quick look at the chromebook before you decide on a tablet. My Dh has one and now leaves my ipad alone. grin

PastaBeeandCheese Sun 22-Sep-13 12:39:33

I looked at the iPad Mini but the affordable one is only 16gb which I'm a bit worried about in terms of storing films.

I would really like an iPad for him though as obviously it will 'talk' to his iPhone and he can share my iTunes purchases easily.

Arghh..... I can afford 32gb in kindle or Nexus though. Think I'll go and have a look in the shops.

Thanks for the advice.

stantonherzlinger Sun 22-Sep-13 09:00:42

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

WithaPickleOnTop Sun 22-Sep-13 08:56:08

Ipad mini.

CoffeeAndScones Sun 22-Sep-13 08:44:55

Oh and Kindle Fire obviously if books are important (Nexus will do that too of course)

CoffeeAndScones Sun 22-Sep-13 08:44:09

How much are the Nexus tablets nowadays? They're pretty much the best on the market and there's 7" and 10" models for budget /transportability.

PastaBeeandCheese Sun 22-Sep-13 07:48:36

DH bought me an iPad last Christmas and we both use it. It stays with me when he is on frequent and lengthy trips abroad with work.

I'd like to get him a tablet for his birthday but can't run to an iPad. Is there a reasonable alternative that will Skype, allow him access to hotel wifi and take the Kindle app so he can read the books I've already downloaded if he wishes.

Help me please..... I know I sound ridiculous but I don't make technology purchases..... I can change a tyre so don't judge me too harshly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now