iOS 7 downloading....

(103 Posts)
WithaPickleOnTop Wed 18-Sep-13 20:57:23

7 hours remaining.

bonzo77 Sat 21-Sep-13 19:39:16

Not happy with it at all. Looks ok but the keypad on my phone is slow, I've had problems with iMessage (going to my mac book only not my phone) and I had to remove all my music and podcasts and photos to get to on in the first place. Grrr. I'm on an iPhone 4, not even a 4s. It's a crappy cynical ploy to make sure we all upgrade to the 5s/c/wtf. Seriously considering not getting an iPhone again after this.

thistlelicker Fri 20-Sep-13 17:55:29

Bump

thistlelicker Fri 20-Sep-13 13:51:08

My friend has said the same so I'm interested in what's happened

harverina Fri 20-Sep-13 11:17:08

Sorry if this has been asked before - I can't seem to see all the messages in the thread...

When I am sending i messages they are going through as emails...I didn't notice, but a friend replies asking why I was emailing them!

Any idea how I can change this? It's also happening to another girl in work and we have no idea what to do smile

SoupDragon Fri 20-Sep-13 09:02:33

Personally, I think if you believe any phone or computer to be secure you are naive.

and if I wanted a phone the size of a brick I still have one from the 90's

niceguy2 Fri 20-Sep-13 08:58:47

IOS7 Security Flaw

Those who have upgraded may want to watch the above link and do the workaround.

Alternatively get a secure phone! wink

PoppyWearer Fri 20-Sep-13 05:30:13

Similar issues here Wing, mind if I lurk? Both my iPad and iPhone need photos/videos deleting to free up enough space to run the upgrade. But I don't want to!

TBH I think I'll wait and upgrade when absolutely necessary.

WingDefence Thu 19-Sep-13 22:42:59

Excuse typos. Keyboard not as responsive as I thought!

WingDefence Thu 19-Sep-13 22:42:18

Another one with a question about storage. Have installed ios7 fine on my ipad (and the keyboard was getting twitchy before uograding and is now happily fast, so that's good.) but I have not enough storage on my iPhone.

I've managed to get it to 2.4gb free by downloading nearly all my apps (so damn annoying), plus all music, books etc. the biggest usage though is my photos and I need some help please.

Ph to stream is maxed out at 1,000 and is using nearly a GB on its own. I currently upload photo stream to my external hard drive via windows iCloud control panel.

Google results seem to tell me that my photo stream is indeed using up storage on my phone (I previously thought only camera roll did and photo stream was 'in the cloud'). However, I think that if I start deleting photos from my photo stream on my iPhone ie to make space, it will also do the same on my PC storage via the control panel?

So how can I make enough space on my damn phone without permanently deleting these photos? Is the only answer really to copy said photos stream photos from one folder on my external drive to another folder that isn't linked to the iCloud? hmm

And help much appreciated and sorry for the hijack thanks

mummylin Thu 19-Sep-13 20:10:49

I'm not going to change mine now I have read this thread, I hate change and am happy with how my iPad works now. If you do change it and don't like it , can you change it back ?

Lousmart Thu 19-Sep-13 18:10:41

Thanks again Reggie. Much appreciated. I'll stick with what I know for now then. And the next time I visit a place with free wifi I'll give it a go. It'll probably be quicker to update etc once the initial rush dies down too, I would imagine. Thanks very much grin

TheAlphaandtheOmega Thu 19-Sep-13 18:08:43

It took about 2 hours to download and then i couldn't read the white writing and the emails looked very bright so I made the text a lot bigger in the settings

Then had to put a dark grey background on the screen so I can read the white writing on the apps

Then the blimming screen kept fading and I found it had some auto brightness on, I'm sure it didn't have that on before. This all took another hour. <old gimmer alert>

I think it looks OK now and I can see it all OK and I like the features like the deleting emails swipe

reggiebean Thu 19-Sep-13 17:24:26

Lousmart No, it won't stop working, but it will eventually (months and potentially a year or so down the road) stop supporting new apps and stuff like that. There's definitely no need to update now though!

Discomama Are you signed in with your iTunes account? When was the last time you backed up your phone? If you haven't done it since you updated, reset it to the factory settings, sign in with your account again, and then try to re-download ios7. Only do this if you back up your phone regularly with all of your photos, contacts, apps, music, etc., because it will delete everything!!

Discomama Thu 19-Sep-13 17:19:02

I've done it on my phone and it's lost all my contacts, how the heck do I get those back??

Pantah630 Thu 19-Sep-13 16:00:00

iPad2 took about 20 mins...I'm not that impressed with the new look to be honest.

Lousmart Thu 19-Sep-13 15:52:54

Thanks brambles and reggie smile

What will happen if you don't update? Will my phone stop working eventually? Another potentially stupid question!

MasterFlea Thu 19-Sep-13 15:29:08

thanks lumpy I wouldn't have figured out that photo thingy.

I like the format. Especially for closing apps. Much faster. It's a bit grey though when on the net. But i will probably have forgotten what the old one looked like by next week.

reggiebean Thu 19-Sep-13 15:23:24

No problem, glad I could help!

Lousmart No, it has to be done on Wi-Fi. Good excuse to sit in Starbucks for a couple of hours grin

Bramblesinforrin Thu 19-Sep-13 15:20:47

I think so Lou, don't know how much data it will eat. Give it a go!

Lousmart Thu 19-Sep-13 14:55:47

We haven't got broadband, can the update be done with just a 3G connection? I'm thick when it comes to stuff like this, so forgive me if its a really stupid question. shock

NoComet Thu 19-Sep-13 14:51:13

reggi you are a Star flowers wine and cake

That works perfectly on the home page.

Heaven knows why they've changed it to be more like my annoying kindle, with all these hidden sliding bits, but I can now find everything. Thank You!

reggiebean Thu 19-Sep-13 14:37:02

It's annoying that you can turn bluetooth on through Siri, but can't connect to things through it. So you still have to open "Settings", which defeats the ease of having Siri do it for you.

SoupDragon Thu 19-Sep-13 14:33:03

I find it so ugly that I don't plan to install it on my iPad.

thistlelicker Thu 19-Sep-13 14:32:12

Ten attempts later plus somebody else's wifi and it's done!!! It's weird but I like it!!!

SoupDragon Thu 19-Sep-13 14:01:46

You can delete emails by swiping - swipe right to left and you get a "Trash" option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now