iOS 7 downloading....

(103 Posts)
WithaPickleOnTop Wed 18-Sep-13 20:57:23

7 hours remaining.

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Thu 19-Sep-13 11:32:24

iCloud storage won't alter the amount of room you have on your device. You need to delete apps, photos etc. get as much of your device as possible in settings it will tell you how much room you have left.

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Thu 19-Sep-13 11:35:21

Settings>General>About, then look at capacity and usage. Check back as you delete stuff off until you have the required space.

thistlelicker Thu 19-Sep-13 11:38:54

angryangryangryangryangryangry spoke too soon failed again

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Thu 19-Sep-13 11:40:43

What is this airdrop thingy?

Amrapaali Thu 19-Sep-13 11:44:45

Apple is the new Microsoft. Grrr.....

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Thu 19-Sep-13 11:45:41

Isn't it just Amrapaali

Haribotangfastic Thu 19-Sep-13 11:48:12

Oh ok. Does it just need the storage to do the update and then it will allow me to put the apps back? My problem is I have too many photos using up my storage space as I have hardly any apps. I was hoping that by buying more iCloud space it would solve this hmm

janeyjampot Thu 19-Sep-13 11:51:14

My Mail shows 735 messages unread. I have tried closing it, but it hasn't changed. Any idea how I can mark them all as read? It's really annoying!

Thank you smile

Meandthecat Thu 19-Sep-13 11:52:14

DS solved my problem with email, he marked them all as unread and then marked them as read, went back inbox now clear. Thank you son xx

janeyjampot Thu 19-Sep-13 11:52:23

...and I can't even delete them by swiping anymore sad

janeyjampot Thu 19-Sep-13 11:57:48

I have found the answer for anyone else struggling with it:
Go to Settings / Mail
Choose the mail account with the issue
Turn mail Off and let it unload for a minute
Turn mail back On and those unreads should be gone

janeyjampot Thu 19-Sep-13 12:01:00

Or this:
1. open the email account which shows unread messages
2. select "edit" on top right hand corner
3. select "mark all" on bottom left
4. select "mark as read".

Amrapaali Thu 19-Sep-13 12:02:06

Lumpy the Game Center on the new iOS even has 4 colours like the Microsoft Logo. It's just a matter of time....

grin

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Thu 19-Sep-13 12:03:12

Haribo try updating via iTunes. Apple will put the files on your PC not on your device.

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Thu 19-Sep-13 12:03:45

I mean iTunes on your PC.

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Thu 19-Sep-13 12:05:09

Android is so much simpler.

NoComet Thu 19-Sep-13 12:13:36

It's too white and too bright, I've turned the brightness down twice this morning, but it did download OK - iPhone 4S

BUT where is Search and display lock?

What/where are iRadio and Airdrop??

reggiebean Thu 19-Sep-13 12:14:10

If your download keeps failing, restart your phone and then turn your wi-fi off and back on. Mine failed 3 or 4 times then did that, and viola!

I think it's gorgeous, I love the new look!

reggiebean Thu 19-Sep-13 12:15:59

Search you just pull down on the screen a bit, regardless of which screen your on, display lock, you pull up on the bottom of the screen and it's there as an option, along with a torch(!).

iRadio is only available in the US right now angry and Airdrop is for iphone 5's and above only. I only have a 4S, so no help with that one grin

Haribotangfastic Thu 19-Sep-13 12:21:15

Nooo. I've logged on to iTunes (my account). Plugged in the USB cable and its put all my sons apps on my iPhone. He has his own iTunes account! There's loads and loads of his apps. Does anyone know why?

reggiebean Thu 19-Sep-13 12:25:12

Haribo Can you reset the phone to it's factory settings and sign in with your account on your phone? Have you backed everything up already? (Not taking any responsibility if this fucks your phone!!!! grin)

NoComet Thu 19-Sep-13 12:25:16

Reggi thanks, bottom gives all sorts of useful things, but top only lives calander (times wrong) and reminders, still no search iPhone option.

Not that it matters, as I was looking for iRadio. Grrr!

NoComet Thu 19-Sep-13 12:27:07

Hurray, having corrected the phone time, calendar (I cannot spell that word) is right too :-)

Haribotangfastic Thu 19-Sep-13 12:29:09

Will give it a go reggiebean. Funny thing is when my son sends an iMessage it has a picture of me on it but his ipad is definitely set up as him and I can't change it!

ouryve Thu 19-Sep-13 12:31:15

I've not been prompted to update my iPad yet, but, er, i think I'll wait!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now