Kindle fire

(4 Posts)
hoppingmad Thu 12-Sep-13 20:05:21

Is the kindle fire worth it? My dd has a joy tab that I bought on a groupon deal last year. It was very cheap but has worked ok although has a bit of a charging issue.

My dd is an avid reader and really wants a kindle.but are they worth it?
I've heard people saying the nexus 7 is better but can she have loads of books on it like the kindle?

Sorry, I'm a total technophobe but save all year for Christmas and don't want to waste money on the wrong thing!

In our house we have a kindle fire (mine) and a Google nexus (dh) I would say the kindle fire is limited by its function - which is to encourage you to spend money at Amazon - you can also use it for watching vids on microfilm, audio books through audible. I use it all the time and am happy with it but I wanted a kindle knew what I was getting. Parental controls are easy to set to prevent your child from accessing or buying anything you don't want her to.
:-) loves his nexus and it is capable of running kindle app and all the apps on android app store, but is more a computing and gaming tablet.

If all Dd wants is to read books then get a more basic kindle, there are also child friendly tablets by Dd has one called a nabi which is preloaded with games, stories and child friendly apps.

Different horses etc... you have to choose but think what your dd will want from a tablet.

Lovefilm not microfilm! Auto correct on me kindle wink

hoppingmad Thu 12-Sep-13 20:29:49

Thank you, I didn't realise you get the the kindle app for the nexus.
She does play games on the tablet she has so I know she would enjoy that side of it.
I would rather get a decent one now she's older as the joy tab isn't the best tbh

Looks like I need to do more some research confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now