Should I go from Android to IPhone?

(17 Posts)
msrisotto Mon 09-Sep-13 20:49:14

I have had Samsung phones for years and have been happyish with my Galaxy S2 but my handset is old now and up for upgrade.
The only reason I am thinking of switching to iPhone is because I have an iPod, ipad and MacBook Pro....it makes sense doesnt it?

msrisotto Mon 09-Sep-13 21:43:37

Hopeful bump?

CockBollocks Mon 09-Sep-13 21:49:46

No, don't do it.

If you have an iPod, iPad etc then you really don't need something else that does the same imo

IDontWannaTalkAboutIt Tue 10-Sep-13 06:41:20

Good Lord, no.

Focus on how you can replace the other three Devices Of Satan, don't burden yourself with a fourth.

Cooroo Tue 10-Sep-13 06:42:12

Yes! I love me iph

Cooroo Tue 10-Sep-13 06:44:54

Bugger. I love my iPhone except when it lets me post before I've finished.

I am so sick of all the haters. Yes apple are prob an evil empire. So are Microsoft. So are McDonald's. iPhones are amazing. So are quite a few other products out there.

StrawberryMonkey Tue 10-Sep-13 06:53:03

Yes - complete the set with an iPhone!
The devices you have will synchronise info seamlessly - makes sense to me.
I've had android and iPhone and I prefer the iPhone for its reliability - apps, and sophisticated simplicity.
Please please please entomb your iPhone in a griffin survivor case though.
I feel very sad seeing so many iPhones are naked and as a result have cracked or smashed screens.
The griffin survivor case is military tested and proven to provide excellent protection against all sorts of hazards including falls / sandstorms / rain etc. <nearly family proof> wink

msrisotto Tue 10-Sep-13 07:50:42

The fact that everything will sync is the main draw for me. And also, my Android has never synced well with my itunes.

I went from Android to iPhone. I think if you're fully Apple it's better. However the only reason I did it was because my phone broke beyond repair and I got my wife's old iPhone fixed.

I would not spend c. £600 on an iPhone. I'd rather get a Android and save £300.

(Now waits for a post saying "but my iPhone was free on a contract .....)

msrisotto Tue 10-Sep-13 08:55:25

Yeah I have never paid a lump sum for a phone! I wouldn't pay £600 either. I will look into the contracts out there too.

Everyone pays £600 (+\-) for the iPhone either upfront or because your monthly bill is too high. There's no such thing as a free iPhone!

msrisotto Tue 10-Sep-13 14:27:12

I can get the new Samsung mini for free on my contract so I'm very probably doing that, thanks for your input!

StrawberryMonkey Tue 10-Sep-13 20:54:54

Actually there is such a thing as a "free" iPhone. (Nearly)
I got mine going through top cash back to a phone shop who supplied my iPhone 4S for £50 - but I got £40 back with "top cash back" and I pay £21.50 pm (on O2) for 500mb data, 100 mins and unlimited texts.
24m contract.
That's £516 (+ the £10 initial cost) over 2 years...but I get all the data, mins and texts shown above too.
I thought that was a fair deal. They were £500 to buy outright. I'm not being charged interest on the £500 despite paying monthly and its got data mins and texts included in the price too.

Strawberry Monkey - that's a very good deal. I stand corrected. The nearest o2 sim only tariff is £8 per month, so the likely amount being paid for the phone is about £300-350 - which is pretty cheap for an iPhone 4s!

I think those sorts of deals are well hidden and not found by many people otherwise Apple wouldn't be making the $5,000 per second that they currently do! (poor Gareth Bale is only making 50p per second by comparison)

MollyBerry Tue 10-Sep-13 22:04:21

I have a mac computer and an iphone (no ipad) but i find having both of them and the syncing thing is super duper useful. I wouldnt necessarily just recommend an iphone but if you ahve the other products then they work really well togethr

MollyBerry Tue 10-Sep-13 22:05:40

Oh and I paid 300 for teh biggest memory 4S when the 5 came out and have a sim only contract for £9 a month with something like 300 minutes unltd texts and 1.5gb which is more than enough for my use, and i tthink it's a good deal

StrawberryMonkey Wed 11-Sep-13 12:14:31

You do have to shop around for the best iPhone deal and I think martinsmoneysavingtips website is fab for saving time on these things.wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now