iPhone 6

(12 Posts)
BikeRunSki Mon 09-Sep-13 15:11:02

A few weeks ago there was rumour that the iPhone 6 was being released on 10 Sept. I have been holding off getting a new phone until it is (I actually want a iPhone 5 but am waiting to see what impact the 6 has on the price of the 5).

Does anyone know if 10 Sept is still the release date? <impatient>

Betrayedbutsurvived Mon 09-Sep-13 15:14:25

The phone will be announced tomorrow, and relapse lector sale approximately ten days later.

Betrayedbutsurvived Mon 09-Sep-13 15:16:09

Realised for sale.embarrasingly my iPhone 5 is to blame for the shocking spellings

BikeRunSki Mon 09-Sep-13 19:26:40

Thank you betrayed, so basically, the weekend of 21 Sept then ?

southeastdweller Mon 09-Sep-13 21:31:03

I've heard tomorrow's the big day.

IslaMann Mon 09-Sep-13 21:37:11

Will it be the 6, or the 5s?

so he 5s and he 5c have been launched, however I am feeling very cross with apple!

THe news on the 5c has been reported its aimed at the teen market and will be a significantly lower price than the iphone at around the £250-£300 mark. ds2 has it at the very top of his xmas list, but now its released its £469!!!!! I mean wtf? £90 difference, IT looks good for teens and is perfect in every other way than the promised price.

The 5s is for pre order on 20th of this month, I cant see a huge difference between my crappy iphone 5 and the 5s to be honest.

I have a Samsung galaxy for my personal phone and a iphone 5 for work. I automatically go to use the galaxy rather than the iphone as I find it easier to use. The only thing is I think the galaxy is ugly. I prefer the look of the iphone but compared to the galaxy it is heavy and has a small screen.

Unfortunatley my teens still want apple, the 16yr old has my old 4s and the 11yr old has a nokia lumia which he likes and was expensive but now hes at senior school and everyone else appears to have the iphone or blackberry he would like an iphone and I thought the 5c would have been perfect for him. what a shame apple have got it so wrong again.

Remember that's sim free though, it'll be cheaper on contract. But largely I agree. The $99 and $199 stated in the keynote was a joke.

I don't want contract for him though. ive been burnt with the older one on contract and running up hundreds, so we do giffgaff for them £10 per month for 500 minutes, unlimited texts and 1mb of internet.

Id rather pay the extra £90 for full features though, the point of the colour was lower price point I thought and its not met that.

No I agree, it's crazy and totally defeats the object of what they are trying to do. And I'm a committed Apple fan but sometimes they really get on my tits.

Did anyone else watch the keynote and think that iOS7 look a bit like .... Android?

I think the iPhone is crazily over-priced for a piece of kit you upgrade every two years. Their PCs can last 5+ years, so paying extra can make sense. Android will give them a run for their money as there's always a market for better value, but the iPhone won't go away as there's a market for luxury too! Do you drive a Golf or a Jag - same difference?

FormaLurka Sat 21-Sep-13 16:50:39

Don't - Why has Apple got it wrong again? They got you and millions of others to pay a premium price for a series of phones which are technically inferior to the competition. Sounds like they got it right from where I am sitting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now