Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

New laptop advice please - are HPs any good?

(5 Posts)
Househunter Sun 08-Sep-13 17:57:45

I am looking to buy a new laptop as my Toshiba Satellite is over 5 years old and painfully slow. I want something which works really fast and can store lots of photos. I saw this on the John Lewis website and it gets a good review ( but only one). However DH has an HP which he hates as the keyboard is really flat and keys are not separated by much of a gap so he keeps mistyping.

Does anyone have any experience of HPs particularly ones similar to this one? Or any other recommendations please?

Thanks.

Madlizzy Sun 08-Sep-13 17:59:55

We have an HP and we love it. It's a couple of years old and still whizzy.

Househunter Sun 08-Sep-13 18:02:20

So do you find the keyboard ok madlizzy? They do look flat but I thought its something I'd get used to. DH thinks otherwise!

Madlizzy Sun 08-Sep-13 19:16:28

I like it. I don't mind the flatness of it.

NoComet Thu 19-Sep-13 23:17:14

DD2 has a HP, she's really happy with it I think it's about two years old. Bought because Sony is a very rude word.

I'll go tap on her keyboard tomorrow. She wouldn't complain about it being flat as she types a lot on a bean filled lap tray and tilts it without thinking.

(DDs old Siny lap top had a known design faults, it has super glue mending it's fan and a new screen off the interweb.

Getting Sony to fix it was too much of a performance. They got hammered in the US courts, no help here.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now