Want an IPAD

(8 Posts)
pippitysqueakity Sat 07-Sep-13 11:38:01

Where do I start? Want up to date, but basic if that makes sense?

Best go into an Apple store and compare the iPad Mini to the normal iPad and see which size you prefer. Then decide if you will be using it mostly at home on wifi (or other places where you get free wifi) or whether you really need it to work anywhere (i.e. pay more and get the 3g version).

iPad mini starts from £269 and normal size iPad from £399.

store.apple.com/uk/ipad

If that seems to expensive you could try an Android tablet.

Branded examples from £50

www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/ipad-tablets-and-ereaders/tablets/889_7505_70535_xx_xx/xx-criteria.html

Unbranded examples from £129

www.gtrelectronics.co.uk/

RustyBear Sun 08-Sep-13 14:30:04

Wait till after Tuesday, when new Apple stuff is being announced. There are rumours of a new thinner iPad and older ones may be reduced. Of course, lots of Apple rumours turn out to be rubbish, but I think it's worth waiting two days.

pippitysqueakity Mon 09-Sep-13 19:06:47

Oooh, Thanks RustyBear, that's interesting.

pippitysqueakity Mon 09-Sep-13 19:08:01

MuswellHillDad, am in Edinburgh, don't think we have a store here. Went to the one in Covent Garden once, it was fab!

Just wanted to say, if you get an iPad, you won't regret it, I got mine just over a year ago and am still smitten grin

RustyBear Mon 09-Sep-13 21:23:07

Apparently Apple have been advertising jobs in a prospective Edinburgh store since April, but no confirmation yet of when or where. Iirc they were advertising for jobs at the Reading store up to a year before it opened. They do have stores in Glasgow & Aberdeen, which are a little closer than Covent Garden! Or there's a Stormfront store in Stirling -they are Apple suppliers and usually have them to try (at least the one near us does)

smaths Tue 10-Sep-13 08:52:34

Consider buying from the apple refurb store - same ipad, same warranty but often 20-30% cheaper. The only real difference is it will come in a brown box rather than full Apple packaging

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now