ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Selling my upgrade phone - downsides/issues?

(3 Posts)
MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 06-Sep-13 10:17:02

Hi

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S3 in Dec as my Blackberry was playing up. I had to pay full price despite the fact I have been a customer of vodafone for 15 years they wouldn't give me anything off as I was still in contract.

I am now entitled to renew and upgrade. However I am happy with the Samsung. I wondered about upgrading and then selling the phone. I am on mat leave so could really do with the money.

I assume a phone from vodaphone will be locked? Should I "just" be able to sell it? Thinking ebay.

Obviously this issue with all of this is if my current phone doesn't make it through the next 2 years of contact then I end in the position of needing to buy a new phone at full price.

Any thoughts?
TIA

niceguy2 Fri 06-Sep-13 10:51:02

I'm not 100% sure Vodafone lock their contract phones. But the bigger issue is that it will be registered as a contract phone meaning if you sell it and at some point stop paying your contract then Vodafone will block that phone across all networks. A checkmend report will show this.

What about instead of renewing your contract, ask Vodafone to put you on a rolling monthly SIM contract and save £££ each month?

MrsMargoLeadbetter Mon 09-Sep-13 15:06:13

Sorry for my delay. I didn't know that re the contract phone being switched off if I leave them, so thanks.

I think as you say I should try to get a bettet deal and forget trying to sell the phone.

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now