Anyone able to help me with deleting Facebook post?

(12 Posts)
WhatNo Mon 22-Jul-13 23:23:54

Wonder if anyone can help? Someone has posted a foul (sexual) video on DS Facebook wall. How do I delete it before he sees it? I don't have Facebook myself so am not very au fait with how it works. Am on iPad if that makes a difference.
TIA. flowers

On the top right of the link there should be a small arrow, click that and then remove/report.

exexpat Mon 22-Jul-13 23:35:08

Are you logged in as him? if not, you won't be able to do anything.

WhatNo Mon 22-Jul-13 23:35:42

Thanks MofG. When I click on that downward pointing arrow I've got 3 options

Hide
Report/mark as spam
Copy link

There isn't 'remove'. Tried hiding but it says you've hidden a post so of course he's going to click to find out what it is. Arghhh! Am I doing something wrong? Is it because I'm on iPad?

Hmm, I'd report it then.

Doogle2 Mon 22-Jul-13 23:37:05

Yes it's because you are on the I pad. You need to remove it from a computer. It is such a pain.

WhatNo Mon 22-Jul-13 23:38:26

Yes - logged in as him. Have a secret checking (spying?!) thing going on which we both know about and neither of us mentions! Have never felt the need to interfere before. I just have quick look every now and again. This clip looks horrid though

WhatNo Mon 22-Jul-13 23:40:11

Bugger - no idea of his password. It's just always logged in on iPad so have never needed to do it. Stuffed I guess. Thanks for all the suggestions.

outingmyselfprobably Mon 22-Jul-13 23:42:03

Are you using the app?

Go to Facebook.com from Safari instead.

WhatNo Mon 22-Jul-13 23:55:27

I so don't understand Facebook. Have logged on using laptop (hurrah for the fact that DS has very limited password choices) and foul video isn't on his wall there but it is still on iPad (logged in through safari Outing). Might it be due to security settings on laptop which have filtered it out??

Still didn't get a remove option even when on laptop. They don't make it easy do they?

outingmyselfprobably Mon 22-Jul-13 23:58:01

Click on the little world thing, top left. Notifications will pop up. One should be for the video posted on his wall. Click and you should go to the video.

WhatNo Tue 23-Jul-13 00:10:23

Thanks for help. Am giving up for now. Must go to bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now