outlook. Making reading pane wider

(8 Posts)
giddywithglee Thu 18-Jul-13 17:26:11

this link basically tells you the same thing we just did, but shows you the icon to look for which may help:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/outlook-help/change-how-the-reading-pane-looks-and-works-HP005242695.aspx

yamsareyammy Thu 18-Jul-13 15:25:24

I found a help, but I couldnt find the outlook properties or about outlook [I realise I am quite ignorant in this matter].
I am pretty sure my DH has said previously that it is 2007.

giddywithglee Thu 18-Jul-13 15:13:48

which version of Outlook do you have? 2007, 2010 or earlier? if you're not sure click on 'help' in the menu bar then choose 'outlook properties' or 'about outlook'.

yamsareyammy Thu 18-Jul-13 14:32:17

Is there a limit to how far it will stretch?
I managed to find a symbol on the right hand side of the 2 lines, the line nearest to the reading pane. But not sure it moved far if at all. I couldnt get a symbol on the next line over.
In other words, I only got 1 vertical line I think.
I think my inbox width changed. Not sure.

yamsareyammy Thu 18-Jul-13 14:21:26

Off to try, thank you both.

giddywithglee Thu 18-Jul-13 14:15:05

You should be able to point the cursor at the edge of the reading pane (between the reading pane and your inbox) and it will change to 2 parallel lines with an arrow coming out of each line. You can then drag the edge to the left and it will increase the width of the reading pane and decrease the width of your inbox.

Twitterqueen Thu 18-Jul-13 14:12:48

Hover over the left-hand margin of the reading pane. You should get 2 vertical lines with arrows each side. Simply click and hold the mouse button & move pane window to the left.

yamsareyammy Thu 18-Jul-13 14:10:21

Hi
My DH has managed to mess around with widths across the computer screen, and now I am unable to read the words at the end of the reading pane. Whilst other columns are larger unnecessarily.
What do I do please to get it back to where it was? Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now