So DS just bought me a book on my kindle...

(4 Posts)

How do I password protect my Amazon account? Ive got a Paperwhite if that makes a difference? I know I should have done this yonks ago but am a total technophobe. I am however secretly pleased that he managed to do it! Maybe he is G&T?
smile

NatashaBee Tue 18-Jun-13 20:31:12

You can return it and get a refund - do you see a link that says 'purchased by accident' anywhere?

No, I managed to intercept the 2nd purchase but this had been confirmed and opened so too late. It is also the most expensive book I've ever owned! It's a good job I'll read anything.

CoteDAzur Tue 18-Jun-13 22:50:47

I'm guessing that you are automatically logged in to your account when connected to Amazon on your computer. Your DS must have just clicked on "Buy with 1-Click".

(1) You can return the purchase. It doesn't matter if you have opened it or started to read it. Go to My Account > Manage my Kindle, find the book and say you want to return it.

(2) Log out from your account on Amazon and don't click on "Keep me logged in"

(3) Turn off "Buy with 1-Click" so that he can't buy books without your Amazon password again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now