connecting virgin box to hd recorder

(4 Posts)
teamboleyn Mon 17-Jun-13 19:08:44

thanks nick. I've had a look at the back and a fiddle with some cables but doesn't look good. i thought I'd had an Eureka moment but turns out not so much!

nannynick Sun 16-Jun-13 20:36:30

Some info here about enabling SCART output on the V+ box. It's from 2007 though, so the box you have from virgin may be of a different spec.

nannynick Sun 16-Jun-13 20:32:40

What connections are on the virgin cable box? I doubt it has a tv aerial cable these days, more likely has HDMI and may have SCART.
Your HD recorder may not have any form of aux input... it may only have aerial (VHF/UHF).

Something else to consider... the virgin cable box may have encoded the output, using something like Macrovision.

Also the virgin cable box may be showing HD content, via HDMI connector but it won't show that via SCART. So if you are after quality, you may not find you can record the HD signal.

Short discussion on VirginMedia.com community site about SCART to RF - may be a useful read. It is from 2010 though, so may only apply if your box is the Samsung box from 2010 or earlier.

As ever with these things it will involve some experimentation and will probably mean some cost.

Would it be worth asking Virgin how much it is to upgrade to a box which includes HD recorder (would that be the TiVO option?).

teamboleyn Sun 16-Jun-13 09:58:29

I have a virgin cable box and a freeview hd recorder. the hd box's signal comes in from a standard aerial which is shite. I can't get all channels at the same time. Is there a way I can feed the signal from the virgin box into the hd box so I can record easily?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now