has google discontinued their mobile site?

(3 Posts)
YoniBottsBumgina Fri 14-Jun-13 14:01:10

I've just checked and it's set to mobile on the home page, but then when I search the list of results is like the desktop site ie tiny, wide and needing to be zoomed in (which is difficult on a page with many links as I often accidentally click one)

ThedementedPenguin Fri 14-Jun-13 10:54:56

I still have mobile site on my iPhone. You can change settings from mobile to classic

YoniBottsBumgina Fri 14-Jun-13 10:50:12

I'm sure they used to have one. Now whenever I google something on my phone it goes to the full desktop site which is very clunky to use. I tried going to m.google.co.uk but it just redirected me to a page where I could download the google search app (as though that wasn't already included in every android phone ever) and chrome for mobile which i don't want as the built in browser works fine (and looks to be based on chrome anyway!)

I don't want to open a search app just to google something - I should be able to do this from my browser. Is anyone else annoyed by this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now