What would you choose - Apple TV or sky

(10 Posts)
WeAreEternal Thu 27-Jun-13 06:52:17

I have both, I rarely watch tv but we couldn't get rid of either as both are great.

motherofvikings Thu 27-Jun-13 06:45:55

Natasha - what sort of cable? DH would LOVE one! smile

NatashaBee Thu 27-Jun-13 01:07:58

You can buy a cable to connect your iPad to the TV and play Netflix/ iplayer on it. You can do 4od but you have to do it by mirroring rather than airplay and the quality is a bit crap.

Cindy34 Wed 26-Jun-13 23:43:40

Apple TV now has Sky News if you feel like having a brief Sky moment.

HystericalParoxysm Tue 25-Jun-13 14:52:31

I scrapped sky once I had my Apple TV. Much cheaper to join Lovefilm or Netflix and much more content than Sky!

nancerama Tue 25-Jun-13 14:27:06

We have a Freeview PVR. It's a Sony one but there are other brands. Works just like Sky Plus, but no subscription fees (and no Sky channels of course).

We also have a PlayStation 3 which accesses the catch up channels.

I refuse to line the pockets of Murdoch.

zgaze Tue 25-Jun-13 14:21:10

I have Apple TV running Netflix, it's brilliant for that. Without Netflix though it would be a bit crap frankly.

motherofvikings Tue 25-Jun-13 14:19:42

I LOVE our sky box. smile

It is a 2 terra byte one so loads of space and its Hooke up to fiber optic broadband. The on demand service I pretty good as you can do iplayer, 4od etc and it will download an hour lobg HD show in 3 minutes.

I've never used Apple TV but DH has tried buying movies via iTunes/ apple and it took longer than the length of the film to download! shock

12thmonkey Tue 25-Jun-13 14:15:42

I have Apple TV and it isn't really a provider of sorts, its a really really good way to get media playing from any of you iOS devices to your tv. So you could just use Netflix on it. Also bbc iplayer and itv player, 4od does not work on airplay.

sky tv is just that all the channels and ticker tape and all.

Woofers Wed 12-Jun-13 20:39:51

Hi
I am considering rejoining sky purely because I hate daytime tv and I will use the record function to watch things I do like.
However we have unlimited broadband package and I have Netflix on the ipad. So would I be better getting a Internet thing-a-me technical term which would link in with Netflix too
I am expecting first baby end of aug so I am anticipating lots of sitting and feeding. Jeremy Kyle is not ideal newborn material.

If there is a better forum to post this in could you advise?
Thanks in advance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now