What free, web-based email service do you use, don't want gmail

(10 Posts)
Gingerandcocoa Tue 11-Jun-13 12:33:07

It's really easy to switch between accounts on the proper gmail app. It's also relatively easy to do it on the iPhone app but more difficult to visualise which account you're emailing from, IMO. The search function on the gmail app is much better, too!

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Tue 11-Jun-13 09:54:16

Thank you everyone, much appreciated!

Really great to have some reassurance re gmail. I agree that it's the best of the ones I have (briefly) looked at.

So, basically I could have:

Personal gmail loaded onto iPad/iPhone mail function

Business gmail on gmail app.

Or even both on both and it's still easy to switch between?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 11-Jun-13 08:32:07

Sorry, another vote for gmail too. Assuming the app is the same on iOS as it is on Android it is really easy to switch between different accounts on the app.

LuckyLuckyMe Tue 11-Jun-13 08:14:12

I use hotmail and for newsletters, Facebook and things I don't want to see every day I use mail.com.

superbagpuss Tue 11-Jun-13 08:02:49

I've hat a hot mail account for 14 years, no issues

whizzpop Tue 11-Jun-13 07:59:26

I have a mac email account, had it for about 7 years I think. No problems at all. Can access it on my macbook, iPhone and iPad. Very reliable.

beachyhead Tue 11-Jun-13 07:59:12

I'm very happy with hotmail... Although I think it's recently moved to outlook but I haven't noticed and negative effects...

Gingerandcocoa Tue 11-Jun-13 07:56:43

You could have one of the gmail accounts (your work one, for example) set up on the default email app in the iPhone and iPads, and then have your personal email set up on the actual gmail app (which is pretty good IMHO!). I did this when my mum was staying with me so she could check her email and it was fine, no confusion whatsoever.

Sorry, gmail is the best email provider and I don't think you can do better with another one...

As a rule the free email services aren't that good. Yahoo is particularly dismal.

Since you use an iPhone and an iPad, the Apple mail service is worth considering.

Whether you can keep your current email address depends on who it is with and how it is set up. You can probably set it up to forward to your new email service.

I assume you are not talking about the gmail address you use for business?

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Mon 10-Jun-13 22:32:20

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me.

I want to move from desk bound Microsoft Outlook to something I can easily use on my IPad, IPhone, laptop etc. where it's all available and it all syncs.

I don't want to use gmail because I use that for my business and I think it would be confusing for my iPhone to have to gmail accounts to cope with on the app.

Can anyone recommend a good one? And is it possible to keep my current email address?

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now