Music off ipod and into android friendly format

(7 Posts)
HabbaDabbaDoo Tue 18-Jun-13 09:05:00

I don't remember but it shouldn't make a difference since Android phones plays MP4 anyway.

I lost some of my Album Art when I copied stuff over. I'm not sure why it only affected some stuff but the free Android app "Album Art Grabber" sorted that out abeit one album at a time.

paperlantern Mon 17-Jun-13 23:17:13

Does sharepod also alter the files from MP4s?

paperlantern Mon 17-Jun-13 23:13:48

Thanks for the replies going to go away and look. I like the idea of the sharepod option...

HabbaDabbaDoo Sun 09-Jun-13 01:18:21

Google "Sharepod". Once the (free) software is installed plug in your iPod. ITunes may start up automatically. Close it. Follow the instructions to copy the contents of your iPod into a folder. Drag and drop folder onto your phone's SD card. Sorted.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 08-Jun-13 09:28:04

I used an app on my phone called doubletwist to get music on my Android phone from iTunes.

I also think if you google ipod to iTunes there's a way to put music on iTunes. It takes ages as its song by song and it goes in a different folder.

DorisShutt Sat 08-Jun-13 09:13:33

Most of the music will already be in MP3 format which is android friendly.

Problem is that iTunes has an odd storage system - but it can be done. This is a good guide.

paperlantern Sat 08-Jun-13 09:09:01

I have an old ipod with thousands of tunes, some downloaded from itunes some from my cd.

I have fallen out with itunes as half my music library was registered under a defunct username that neither me nor apple can find so I can't authorise it to be played on any new computer.

I would like to retreive as much of my old music library as possible from my old ipod and convert it to andriod compatable format. All help appreciated!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now