Help, cracked iPhone screen

(8 Posts)
Selba Thu 09-May-13 23:46:48

If you use the kit you will invalidate the warranty .
I replaced my screen from a kit. I'm very good with my hands but it was still tricky and the home button was never quite right.
I wold NOT recommend it

FlumpsRule Thu 09-May-13 22:56:00

Replacement screens are fiddly but the YouTube instructions v good - just watch out for aerial - had my screen replaced in a shop & they mucked it up but I didn't know until I'd charged it & couldn't get a phone signal hmm. Then had to do a DIY job to fix it.

Handy tip.. I kept using my iphone for 6 months with a badly cracked screen by keeping it covered in cling film - worked perfectly & didn't get any worse.

You cannot replace the screen on the 5, I broke mine recently and even apple don't do it they replace the whole phone, at a whopping £179 :0 I nearly cried.

Cheerymum Wed 08-May-13 18:08:21

Great, thanks all for advice. Am good with my hands so have ordered a kit x

Haylebop12 Wed 01-May-13 19:48:34

I have always taken mine to an independent mobile type place and had it done for £60/£70. It's now pink and I get loadsa comments on it grin there are also services via eBay. That's an iPhone 4 mind.

crazynanna Wed 01-May-13 19:45:06

Do IPhones have an Apple one year warranty? confused

PedroYoniLikesCrisps Wed 01-May-13 19:37:58

Fix it yourself. You can get the kits on eBay pretty cheap and there's tons of YouTube videos that show you how to do it.

Cheerymum Tue 30-Apr-13 20:45:28

Any suggestions as to the best way to deal with this? Screen on iPhone 5 cracked after being dropped. It is insured but with an excess of £100. Thanks for suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now