Oh bugger - ds got mugged and phone insurance not updated

(5 Posts)
basildonbond Tue 30-Apr-13 13:18:20

Gah! Am so cross with myself - ds (16) got mugged at the weekend and the horrible little shits who did it took his phone

His old phone was covered by my bank's insurance but this was a brand new upgrade and I have realised I forget to tell the insurers the handset had been changed so it's not covered

A replacement blackberry bold will cost £250!!! Grrrr sad

I feel bad that it's my fault that the phone isn't covered but don't really have £250 floating around just waiting to be spent

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Tue 30-Apr-13 16:50:49

That is terrible. Are you sure your home insurance doesn't cover it. If not, there are cheaper phones that are still very functional.
Hope he is it too shaken up.

alienbanana Tue 30-Apr-13 16:58:42

Have you checked with the bank?

basildonbond Wed 01-May-13 14:43:32

Bank have said definitely no (bastards) will try home contents insurance

Ds ok although indignant that the bigger boys saw him as a potential 'victim'

PedroYoniLikesCrisps Thu 02-May-13 08:35:21

That's just terrible. I was mugged for my phone once, I was 22, but still a horrible experience. Fortunately I was 2 days away from an upgrade so didn't have to invoke my insurance. But since that time I've never bothered with phone insurance. The money I've saved from that would easily cover a replacement phone several times over now, eight years later.

Unless you have a recurring issue with breakages or theft I don't think it's really worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now