what computer & printer set up should I get for ds, gcse age

(7 Posts)
mymatemax Sun 28-Apr-13 23:26:12

Thanks Cruel, I'll have a look

Am also interested for the same reasons! Would be interested to know of any good "packages" ie computer, monitor, printer combo???

IJT have been doing "free" printer deals for ages. I have yet to hear any complaints, so I don't think there is a catch.

mymatemax Sun 28-Apr-13 11:04:52

that does look like a good deal, where is the catch?

mymatemax Sun 28-Apr-13 11:03:19

Thanks cruel, I'll have a look, we've had more hassle with our printer (we've given up now) than we've ever had with our pc

Get a laser printer of some kind. They are a lot less hassle than inkjets. They don't clog if they aren't turned on over the holidays and they don't have to be refilled too often. Ours is lightly used and after about 7 years it's on it's 2nd set of colour cartridges and it 3rd black cartridge.

They are not cheap to buy, but overall running costs are low.

This Dell advertises itself as small (for a laser printer) and it looks like a good deal.

mymatemax Sat 27-Apr-13 16:29:35

ds1 is about to start his GCSE's, we have an ancient family pc that we all use.
We want to get him a pc/laptop with a reliable printer.
Want soemthing reliable & easy to use for a non techy family.
He is more of a book worm & sports lover rather than computer kids, so gets as frustrated as DH & i if things go wrong.
Happy for him to have it in his bedroom although space is an issue, doesnt need it for games, occasional Xbox is his limit.
What would you all recommend?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now