What IPad should I get??? Help I'm completly lost!!

(3 Posts)
sneezecakesmum Sat 04-May-13 14:42:32

If you are likely to use hundreds of apps and do lots of downloads I would get more than 16 gig. I have this and according to my settings it's nearly full. Think photos use up lots of space? No contract here but I tether it to my home and other friends houses via their broadband service and use my phone for roaming Internet. Man at PC world said buy the ipad 2 not new ipad as you really don't notice the extra pixels unless you are a tech lover and not worth the extra £s. ipad is very nice though and I love it.

holly00 Wed 24-Apr-13 19:49:35

I think they are definitely worth the cost. So good for internet browsing and i way prefer it to a laptop or desktop. If you get an iPad with 3G then there is a monthly cost, it's sort of like getting a phone contract, you get a SIM card with a certain amount of Internet usage on it depending on how much you need to use. In my opinion it's pretty pointless to get a 3G one when you look at the extra cost. It is much slower than a wifi conn room so you would use the wifi at home and if you have a phone which can access the Internet then you can connect the iPad to your phone's 3G signal ( this is called tethering) meaning you can still go online while you are out without paying for a 3G contract for the iPad. Sorry for the long message. Hope this helps!

Vicky08 Wed 24-Apr-13 17:22:59

Ok I want to get an ipad but I have no idea where to start. Which should I get? how much memory? Are they really worth the money?
If I get one with 3G does it have an extra monthly cost?

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now