Has anyone used an e-ink/ black and white ebook reader for internet access?

(8 Posts)
RenterNomad Sun 21-Apr-13 22:39:01

My eyes are feeling the strain of MNing on a smartphone during night feeds, and I've read that the Kobo readers have web access, albeit experimental.

Any other ereaders offer this?

nannynick Mon 22-Apr-13 00:01:34

The Kindle Keyboard from several years ago offered it - it was not that good from what I recall, though did work if all you wanted to do was to read a mumsnet thread (have Mumsnet options set to display the entire thread in one go, rather than in pages).

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Mon 22-Apr-13 00:10:35

YY - the kindle keyboard access is hard work because the navigation is so clunky.

Why not just read during night feeds (confused)?

LittleFeileFooFoo Mon 22-Apr-13 00:15:35

I have access on my Nook. its slow, but its first generation...

TheChaoGoesMu Mon 22-Apr-13 00:23:14

Kindle had it, don't know if it still has. It was clunky and hard work. And a bit rubbish.

RenterNomad Mon 22-Apr-13 14:50:16

Doctrine, I wanted to be sure I could swap between book and M internet, and also it would save my smartphone battery! smile

The Nook sounds interesting. Is the Glow's light okay/comfortable, though? DH has a kindle with reading light, and I've also tried reading lights with proper books in the past: that small circle of light is not great, either.

EasyFromNowOn Mon 22-Apr-13 17:02:43

kindle paperwhite still has it. it's ok in an emergency but I wouldn't use it for browsing for any length of time. it's slow, but the light is good.

RenterNomad Mon 22-Apr-13 18:40:48

Thanks. Are there any tech forums which show performance (e.g. videos) and are trustworthy?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now