Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

How to stop children buying in-app purchases on iPhone and iPad

(10 Posts)
quoteunquote Fri 19-Apr-13 16:48:24

this is really easy to follow

Worth doing so no costly accidents occur.

MoetEtPantsOn Sat 20-Apr-13 04:27:30

Thank you. I always just put phone into flight mode before giving to DCs but this is great.

quoteunquote Sat 20-Apr-13 15:59:21

Oh I'm glad someone saw it,

I would never of known had a friend not sent it to me,missed it on the site, there should be a lot more how to ...... like this, I found it easy to follow.

mumarchy Sat 20-Apr-13 16:07:40

Many Thanks.

quoteunquote Mon 22-Apr-13 13:02:23

I've just had a friend tell me she didn't even know that you could buy in-app purchases, she is a doctor, with four children, so I feel slightly better that I hadn't shut mine as tight as I should of,

The companies must be making a lot of money out of unsuspecting people.

sweetkitty Mon 22-Apr-13 13:19:21

I got caught out by this, I always stupidly thought DC would need your iTunes password to download apps. No my 2 year old managed to subscribe to some games "thing" £4.20 a week automatically taken off your phone bill every week, I only realised when my phone bill was twice what it should be hmm was only £20 though but I'm astounded with a few clicks he could have done this with no password hmm

Am now using airplane mode a lot grin

megandraper Mon 22-Apr-13 13:24:42

very useful! thank you!

tripletipple Tue 23-Apr-13 21:10:15

Thank you so much!

If I had known this 10 days ago it would have saved me £42.00. I only let DS (5) loose on my iPad 10 days ago and it has cost me this already. Had managed to work out that he was still signed in to my account for 15 mins after I entered password to download free apps but didn't know about in-app purchases. Anything else I should know? I fear this is just the start of me getting caught out like this for the next 10 years.

Actually came on here to ask a question about my 3G cellular connection, so if you know anything about that please pop over to my thread smile

Startail Tue 23-Apr-13 21:38:40

I can't believe there are people who doesn't climb in to settings on any new gadget and see what they can set.

That said, that is a lovely clear set if instructions. Also do make sure you set immediate. DD's meant to buy a couple of songs and bought the whole album while carrying on flicking through iTunes after DD1 had put in the password (DD1 is 15 and always pays her itune bill).

tripletipple Tue 23-Apr-13 21:47:29

Startail some of us aren't that up on gadgets. Sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now