Ipad battery help needed.

(10 Posts)

My iPad battery seems to be losing its ability to hold onto charge - I used to be able to take it off charge after lunch, and it would last easily all afternoon and evening, and then went back on charge at bed time. But now it can't get through the whole of the evening before needing to go back on charge.

Ds2 says this is because I have been leaving it on charge once it is fully charged (because it was charging over night, and then getting left on charge until the afternoon), so I have knackered the battery.

He says there is nothing I can do to reverse this damage - is he right, and if he is wrong, what can I do to boost the battery life on the iPad?

Thanks in advance.

Tiny bump.

Anyone??

Barabajagal Sat 20-Apr-13 13:26:12

Do you have a lot of apps open? My kids leave apps like pvz and angry birds on and it really drains my batteries. If you double click the button any open apps will show up at the bottom of the screen and you can close them by keeping your finger on one and waiting for them to jiggle and show a red cross. If this doesnt help I'm not sure what to suggest. Hth.

SavoyCabbage Sat 20-Apr-13 13:30:04

We had an itouch like that and we took it to the apple shop and it was replaced.

I always charge my ipad over night and my battery is exactly the same as it always has been.

In settings it tells you how much time you have left on standby mode so you could keep track of it that way. Does it need to be updated?

I would book a session at the apple store if you can. They are ridiculously helpful.

tribpot Sat 20-Apr-13 13:31:10

Some tips here. I would definitely agree with closing unused apps - Monopoly kills my iPhone in about half an hour!

SavoyCabbage Sat 20-Apr-13 13:33:39

What about Bluetooth? That uses battery too.

I don't think it is using bluetooth. I will look at the tips here, and I will definitely book an appointment at the Apple shop (we have one up in Braehead shopping centre).

Thank you everyone. thanksthanksthanks

helenmum76 Tue 23-Jul-13 12:18:30

I had a problem with my ipad 1 and went to bestbattery.biz for a new Ipad Battery, it worked a treat.

niceguy2 Thu 25-Jul-13 09:37:33

How old is the ipad? Sounds to me like the battery is just knackered. They don't last forever. Leaving it permanently on charge isn't a good idea. Batteries can only be charged so many times so best practice is to use it until it's really low then charge it to full. Rather than keep topping up if you see what I mean.

My wife has knackered her laptop battery by leaving it permanently plugged into the mains. I take my battery out of my laptop since I rarely actually travel with it. That way i'm not damaging it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now