Printing from my iPad?

(13 Posts)

Mine needed an air printer, so I got a HP wireless one and it does it by magic now, from my iPad, iPhone or laptop smile

LindaL19 Mon 08-Apr-13 10:44:35

ideally to print from an ipad or iphone or ipod touch even, you need an airprint enabled printer which is part of the iOS: support.apple.com/kb/ht4356

if however you don't have an airprint enabled printer or for a simple set-up, you can try various apps such as print n share:
mobile.eurosmartz.com/products/printnshare.html

i have an ipad and print from this app my pics of my kids
hope this helps

rubyrubyruby Sat 06-Apr-13 14:58:19

I need all the magic help I can get cat.

catinboots Sat 06-Apr-13 14:57:21

Mine just does it magically via the wifi

rubyrubyruby Sat 06-Apr-13 14:52:53

In going to take a trip to currys/pc world via the bookies wink

rubyrubyruby Sat 06-Apr-13 11:52:04

Thanks Freddie.
The problem is having the laptop on though as none of them are mine.

Ruby - if you have a net gear router you need to download the thingy - I think it's called net gear genie- on to one of the laptops and you don't need a wireless printer. As long as that laptop is on and connected to the router then you can print direct from the iPad.

rubyrubyruby Sat 06-Apr-13 11:44:01

Thanks. We need a new printer anyway and were going for wireless as we don't use the desktop anymore. We have 5 laptops and an iPad in the house so a wireless would be best.

I'm just fed up with having to email everything I want printed to one of the laptops and then waiting for it to be printed.

If you have a net gear router you don't even need a wireless printer. My laser printer isn't and as long as I tick the box and make it visible on the Thingy then I can print to it.

You do need a laptop or similar running though to do it.

WallyBantersJunkBox Sat 06-Apr-13 11:37:08

HP ePrint is the app I use, I think it was free. It will locate a wireless printer.

I have a HP photosmartplus wireless printer hth

WallyBantersJunkBox Sat 06-Apr-13 11:34:44

I send to a wireless printer using a HP ap?

If you have a net gear router you need to download a thingy and then use iprint on the iPad.

On phone so can't link but google net gear iprint should find it.

rubyrubyruby Sat 06-Apr-13 11:32:51

Can I do this?
Do you do this?

What sort of printer and cabley stuff do I need ?

Thanks thanks <<techno phobe>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now