Printing from my iPad?

(13 Posts)
rubyrubyruby Sat 06-Apr-13 11:32:51

Can I do this?
Do you do this?

What sort of printer and cabley stuff do I need ?

Thanks thanks <<techno phobe>>

If you have a net gear router you need to download a thingy and then use iprint on the iPad.

On phone so can't link but google net gear iprint should find it.

WallyBantersJunkBox Sat 06-Apr-13 11:34:44

I send to a wireless printer using a HP ap?

WallyBantersJunkBox Sat 06-Apr-13 11:37:08

HP ePrint is the app I use, I think it was free. It will locate a wireless printer.

I have a HP photosmartplus wireless printer hth

If you have a net gear router you don't even need a wireless printer. My laser printer isn't and as long as I tick the box and make it visible on the Thingy then I can print to it.

You do need a laptop or similar running though to do it.

rubyrubyruby Sat 06-Apr-13 11:44:01

Thanks. We need a new printer anyway and were going for wireless as we don't use the desktop anymore. We have 5 laptops and an iPad in the house so a wireless would be best.

I'm just fed up with having to email everything I want printed to one of the laptops and then waiting for it to be printed.

Ruby - if you have a net gear router you need to download the thingy - I think it's called net gear genie- on to one of the laptops and you don't need a wireless printer. As long as that laptop is on and connected to the router then you can print direct from the iPad.

rubyrubyruby Sat 06-Apr-13 11:52:04

Thanks Freddie.
The problem is having the laptop on though as none of them are mine.

rubyrubyruby Sat 06-Apr-13 14:52:53

In going to take a trip to currys/pc world via the bookies wink

catinboots Sat 06-Apr-13 14:57:21

Mine just does it magically via the wifi

rubyrubyruby Sat 06-Apr-13 14:58:19

I need all the magic help I can get cat.

LindaL19 Mon 08-Apr-13 10:44:35

ideally to print from an ipad or iphone or ipod touch even, you need an airprint enabled printer which is part of the iOS: support.apple.com/kb/ht4356

if however you don't have an airprint enabled printer or for a simple set-up, you can try various apps such as print n share:
mobile.eurosmartz.com/products/printnshare.html

i have an ipad and print from this app my pics of my kids
hope this helps

Mine needed an air printer, so I got a HP wireless one and it does it by magic now, from my iPad, iPhone or laptop smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now