Fax number needed

(8 Posts)
prettybird Sat 30-Mar-13 13:50:05

For an obscure reason, I need access to a fax number that I can give out.

I know that there are "fax to email" services available (I used to have a "fax number" in my old job, to which people could send me faxes that would arrive as an email): can anyone recommend one?

Ideally, I don't want to have to pay for it, as it is only likely to be used a couple of times - but I don't know the time frame over which it will be required.

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Sat 30-Mar-13 14:30:19

Is it REALLY necessary? Don't know if you can say why, but there's not many excuses for using faxes any more. Surely there's another option?

prettybird Sat 30-Mar-13 14:50:24

Dh and I are currently working from home. We need a fax number in order for legal notices to be sent (for a Non Disclosure Agreement).

The other organisation is abroad and it would take too long for things to be posted.

NetworkGuy Sat 30-Mar-13 15:52:25

You might try asking your local Library or any small business that does photo copying... they may charge a pound a page (or something ridiculous) but I assume the reason for the NDA will involve a financial benefit and is just part of the cost (or go down to PC World / Staples and see whether they have any All-In-One printers which include Fax facility... HP Officejet 6700 at about 90 quid has Fax capability, but there may be cheaper, and even a Fax machine might be as low as £45). It's a business cost.

On Ebay there's a Brother Fax-T96 at £12.99 + £5 postage by the way...

NetworkGuy Sat 30-Mar-13 15:54:44

(The Ebay cost is a Buy It Now (BIN) price, but if someone places a bid at 3.99 the BIN price will disappear and it could go much higher - has two rolls of paper costing more than the cost+delivery at the BIN price.)

MrAnchovy Sat 30-Mar-13 22:27:11

I use Soho66 - £2 a month inbound, PAYG outbound, works perfectly.

MrAnchovy Sat 30-Mar-13 22:29:33

Or you could agree an amendment to the NDA to allow notification by email.

Ask them to scan, then email as a PDF (with security signature). Print off, sign, scan and return.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now