Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Any ideas re refurb phones refusing me a refund?

(6 Posts)
quietlysuggests Tue 26-Mar-13 13:32:10

Thats a great site thank you. I'll send off another irate email and see what reply I get.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Tue 26-Mar-13 09:27:28

They're wrong.

What Consumer have some good guidance on their site.

quietlysuggests Tue 26-Mar-13 09:18:25

its from refurbphones.com and they are based in middlesex. I will go back and check which card I used to pay as well as look into local trading standards. Thanks for ideas, good to have somewhere to start.

If you paid by credit card, raise a dispute

If you paid by debit card your bank should charge the payment back.

NetworkGuy Mon 25-Mar-13 16:31:23

Which web site / business ? Have you considered something like Radio 4 "You and Yours" or a newspaper "consumer advice" section ?

Can understand they are daft to claim you exceeded the time if they initially promised the replacement battery, not once, but twice, and I think their local Trading Standards department might be worth calling (so do you have their postal address?)

quietlysuggests Mon 25-Mar-13 14:23:22

I bought a phone online from refurb phones.
It arrived but the battery was totally dud - couldn't hold any charge at all.
I emailed them, they said they'd send another one, they didn't. I emailed again, again they said they'd send one on, they didn't.
After weeks of waiting I ran out of patience as I need a phone, unsuprisingly. I posted it back to them and they are emailing me saying I am not entitled to a refund as it is outside their 7 day change of mind policy. But I didn't change my mind, they failed to send me a workable phone.
Does anyone have any idea where to go from here?
Much appreciated.
(also posted this in legal, but I will gladly take any ideas you may have, I am really angry having wasted weeks on this stupid dud phone that cost me 130 £)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now