My mobile contract's coming up - what smartphone should I buy next?

(28 Posts)
edam Thu 21-Mar-13 22:30:39

Currently have a HTC Desire S which is fine but I'm happy to switch if anyone knows of anything interesting. I could do with something with a better camera, possibly, apart from that I mainly use phone functions + email + web. Any suggestions welcomed!

SizzleSazz Tue 26-Mar-13 20:56:02

I kept my iPhone 3 and vodafone reduced my tariff (600 free mins, unlimited texts and 1/2gb data from £30.00 to £8.74 smile

NetworkGuy Thu 28-Mar-13 21:12:08

edam - I just asked Orange for a PAC code (wanted to move one with an easily remembered number to another network) and have hardly used this one (I have a few PAYG SIMs on VM, Orange and Asda), so most likely I only topped up with a fiver 6 months ago (I was down to about 50p credit).

I asked for a PAC on Tuesday on 450, was charged for the call, but it never got processed [right pain!] so decided to give them a ring today... so was charged another 25p but did get the PAC. Young guy offered me SIM Only deal of 300 minutes, unlimited texts and 500 MB data [their Panther £15.50 package, currently reduced to £10.50] for £8 a month.

I declined, but only because I've already got a fairly good deal which is effectively a similar price now the cashback has been paid, but thought you should be told so you have some leverage when you ring them. Of course I wasn't after a mobile, but seeing as they're keen to keep customers, it does mean they're moderately flexible when they know you are leaving.

Good luck with getting some deal from them!

edam Thu 28-Mar-13 23:06:11

ooh, thanks everyone, plenty to chew on here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now