Please help - I can't access my yahoo email account

(7 Posts)
invicta Thu 21-Mar-13 22:00:42

For the last few days, I can't access my yahoo email address. A few days ago friends received suspect emails apparently sent from my account. Now I can't, access it at all. One course of action takes me to my security question but won't accept my answer. I don't know what next to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ThePathanKhansAmnesiac Thu 21-Mar-13 22:11:05

Well,I know they,ve had a huge hacking problem.
I lost my yahoo acct, i,d been using a smart phone to access it, if you don,t use a PC at least once in 3 months your acct vanishes into the ether!
Could it be that?.

invicta Thu 21-Mar-13 22:16:01

I access it on a daily bais, from pc or iPad.

ThePathanKhansAmnesiac Thu 21-Mar-13 22:34:08

Invicta, i,d say it must be down to the hacking then, might be an idea to run some spywear on your pc/ipad while your at it.

SoggySummer Fri 22-Mar-13 13:47:41

Some of my yahoo accounts were hacked and spam sent to all my contacts.

Luckily I was alerted both times by people telling me pretty much instantly and I got in and changed my passwords pretty quickly.

This is an ongoing problem with Yahoo apparently - loads and loads of people have been hacked.

I ran Malware bytes (as suggested by someone on here - free to download) and it found and removed some suspect stuff on mty laptop. Perhaps run that as a starting point.

No idea what to suggest though so bumping the thread.

starh Tue 26-Mar-13 23:41:52

If you've been hacked, read these and tweet Channel 4 News

Twitter for Channel 4

Channel 4 News

BT Internet

Digital Spy

starh Fri 31-May-13 16:56:30

A bit of news for BT email users. Email will move from Yahoo to a new company later this year, so hopefully no more hacking.

Today's the last day for nominating Internet Hero and Villain at the ISPA Awards. If you've been hacked and want to nominate Yahoo for villain, or Geoff White for hero, email or tweet ISPA with the #ISPAs hashtag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now